Block on registration
Documentation page for the configuration page Block on registration on the AcyChecker plugin
In this configuration, you can set to check for users' email address reliability before they register or subscribes.
In this first part, you can select which registration you want to test, for example on the screen it will check every time someone creates an account on the WordPress website and when someone subscribes to your AcyMailing lists.
This second and last part is where you can select on which basis a user should be blocked, here is an explanation of each condition:
- If an email is disposable: A disposable email is a temporary email, it's convenient for people who don't want to give their email address on any website but for your email marketing it's not great because you send emails to none existing users
- If an email is registered on a free domain: This means that the email is a free one, like Gmail or Yahoo, for example, there are no cons on your side if you want to send marketing emails to them
- If a domain is an accept all: This means that all emails on that domain will work, you'll be able to send emails to them but there are potentially no one receiving them
- If the domain doesn't exist: This means that the domain doesn't exist and therefore the email address doesn't exist either, it's not recommended to send emails to emails that don't exists because it impacts your IP reputation and you can be considered more easily as a spammer
- If it doesn't exist on the SMTP: This means that we asked via SMTP protocol if we can send an email to an email address and it responded that it doesn't exist. Like the non-existent domain, it's bad to send emails to a non-existent email address, it affects the IP reputation.